I'm a Queen!
A Shakespeare Queen to be exact. Once a week, I have a home-school school that I go to. It is normal school hours, and I get home work every week. One of the classes is a Shakespeare class, where we read, study, and learn about Shakespeare's plays. One thing that is optional, is to read, watch or listen to 17 unabridged plays by Shakespeare. I finished all 17 last week! After we read, watch or listen to 17 plays we have a "coronation" and become come a King or Queen. In February, we have a Shakespeare Fair, where we have a performance from the older home school acting class. We also have a modernised Shakespearean diner, and all of the Kings and Queens sit at a special table and get served by the two Shakespeare teachers and all the kids who did not do 17 plays. I think that this year, every one of our 20 Shakespeare class students finished 17 plays, or will have finished them by the Fair which is this Saturday. I'm exited for it! I'll post pictures wen I get them.
Here is the list of all the plays I have watched, read or listened to from September 2009 to February this year:
1. A Midsummer Nights Dream- Watched(BBC)
2. A Midsummer Nights Dream- Read
3. The Taming of the Shrew- Watched(BBC)
4. The Taming of the Shrew- Read
5. The Tempest- Watched(BBC)
6. As You Like It- Watched(BBC)
7. The Merchant of Venice- Read
8. As You Like It- Listened
9. Romeo and Juliet-Read
10. Romeo and Juliet-Listened
11. Romeo and Juliet-Watched(BBC)
12. A Midsummer Nights Dream-Listened
13. Macbeth-Read
14. Macbeth-Listened
15. As You Like It-Read
16. Twelfth Night-Read
17. Twelfth Night-Listened
5 comments:
I am really, really, really proud of you! You did a great job and that is a huge accomplishment! You should post about your Treasures of Truth treasure chest and requirements and your Sword of Freedom oral presentation, too! You have done an amazing amount of hard work.
Ooh, I want to see the Sword of Truth too! That is a LOT of Shakespeare, Larkin. I'm definitely looking forward to pictures of the fair... Do you all go in costume?
Cool blog, by the way! =)
Congratulations Queen Larkin! You looked beautiful at your coronation ceremony. I'm so glad you are in our Shakespeare class this year!!
I'm glad you got to be a queen last night!! I'm going to make a Post about the fair later!
Yay! The fair was so much fun! I will email you the pictures soon.
Post a Comment