Sunday, May 16, 2010
My Name
To night I went to an Open House for an (almost) missionary friend (he is leaving in a few weeks, and is one of my best friends older brothers). There were some other people there that we know, and one of them was a little 5 year old girl that I know. She was jumping on the trampoline, and she said "look at me!" And then something that I think was supposed to be my name but I wasn't sure. I said "Millie, what's my name?" To which she replied in a very matter of fact voice, "Robin!" I laughed and said “actually, my name is Larkin”, and she looked very confused. I told her older sister what happened, and her sister said that Millie only knows one kind of bird, and that bird is a robin. (as in, she thinks every bird she sees is a Robin) Her sister said that probably one time someone told Millie that my name was Larkin, like the bird, so that's why she thought it was Robin. I thought that the whole thing was supper cute, and I loved it. Oh, and ten minutes later, I asked Millie what my name was, and all she said was that she didn't know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, cute! I think I'm gonna call you Larkin Hood now. =)
Post a Comment